(Virtual) | embracing the city of Seoul
To view this work please visit our Currents Virtual Festival site on the Ohyah platform. Click on the External Media link above. Once you board the train get off at the 360 Video or Virtual Reality stop.
In ‘embracing the city of Seoul’ dancers guide you on a journey through different spaces in Seoul.
It is a sequence of 15 360º video loops. I chose these places because they show different atmospheres that, in my view, are typical to the city of Seoul.
Some of the places are:
- In front of Seoul city hall the morning after the suicide from former President Noh MooHyun. At the horizon you can see many riot police busses, parked in a line to prevent protesters from entering the square.
- The old town gate ‘Namdaemun’. It was under restoration at that time because it was burned down by a citizen who was unsatisfied with the politics.
- A Construction site near Digital Media City with airplanes and dancers.
- Inside a demolished flat at the reconstruction site of KeumhoDong.
- a small buddhist temple near Digital Media City