(Virtual) | embracing the city of Seoul
In ‘embracing the city of Seoul’ dancers guide you on a journey through different spaces in Seoul.
It is a sequence of 15 360º video loops. I chose these places because they show different atmospheres that, in my view, are typical to the city of Seoul.
Some of the places are:
- In front of Seoul city hall the morning after the suicide from former President Noh MooHyun. At the horizon you can see many riot police busses, parked in a line to prevent protesters from entering the square.
- The old town gate ‘Namdaemun’. It was under restoration at that time because it was burned down by a citizen who was unsatisfied with the politics.
- A Construction site near Digital Media City with airplanes and dancers.
- Inside a demolished flat at the reconstruction site of KeumhoDong.
- a small buddhist temple near Digital Media City