CURRENTS NEW MEDIA YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our next internship program lasts from June 1st – 30th 2018. This internship is intended for youth who live in or around Santa Fe ages 15-20
The DEADLINE for this Application is APRIL 15th. Selected students will be notified by MAY 1st.
About our program:
What we offer:
- Experience and technical knowledge/training. (working alongside national and international new media artists, installers and our staff)
- Lunch every day of install and de-install of the festival. (June 1st-8th, and June 26-29th)
- A wonderful community of artists staff and interns from across the USA
- A stipend of $550
- This is a wonderful thing to put on an application for a university, or a job.
What we expect from our interns:
- Youth interns are expected to be present for a total of 48 hours over the course of the month. (this can be distributed based on scheduling conflicts and interest of the participant) ALL 48 hours must be completed to receive the stipend at the end of the month!
- Interns are expected to be in Santa Fe for the whole month of June. Any proposed exceptions to this must be discussed beforehand.
- An interest in the arts and curiosity about new media arts. In the past our interns have come from a variety of disciplines, we’ve had musicians, actors, tech-heads, performance artists, visual artists, and folks interested in event coordination, festivals, construction and set design, lighting design and more.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in some or all of the following: media art, a/v tech, programming, working with your hands, an artistic future, social media, working with people.
To apply please fill out the form below:
If you come across any issues, or have any questions please email Hannah Kramm. firstname.lastname@example.org