YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Due to COVID-19, our 2020 youth internship program has been postponed until 2021.
This internship is intended for youth who live in or around Santa Fe ages 15-20. We couldn’t make the festival happen without the help of our fantastic youth interns!
( If you have interest in finding out about year round opportunities in our new permanent space please contact Alison: firstname.lastname@example.org )
2021 DEADLINE: TBA
About our program:
What we offer:
- Experience and technical knowledge/training. (working alongside national and international new media artists, installers and our staff)
- Learn about engaging with the public as you act as a docent during the run of the exhibition.
- Lunch every day of install and de-install of the festival.
- A wonderful community of artists staff and interns from across the USA
- A stipend of $551.25 – 45hrs @ $12.25/hr
- This is a wonderful thing to put on an application for a university, or a job.
What we expect from our interns:
- Youth interns are expected to be present for a total of 45 hours over the course of the month. (this can be distributed based on scheduling conflicts and interest of the participant) ALL 45 hours must be completed to receive the stipend at the end of the month!
- Interns are expected to be in Santa Fe for the entirety of the festival. Any proposed exceptions to this must be discussed beforehand.
- An interest in the arts and curiosity about new media arts. In the past our interns have come from a variety of disciplines, we’ve had musicians, actors, tech-heads, performance artists, visual artists, and folks interested in event coordination, festivals, construction and set design, lighting design and more.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in some or all of the following: media art, a/v tech, programming, working with your hands, an artistic future, social media, working with people.
- Hard work – they will be performing all types of work from painting, construction, cable management, and A/V installation during installation to audience engagement while acting as a docent during the run of the show. Finally they will help with the de-installation of the exhibition.
To apply please fill out the form below!
If you come across any issues, or have any questions please email Alison Nitkiewicz – email@example.com