YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We rely on our youth interns to help make CURRENTS the world-renowned art and technology festival it is today! From assisting with install, running doors and docenting artist work during the festival, to tearing it all down during deinstall, our youth interns play an important role in making it all happen! Join us this summer by applying for our paid internship. Applications are open to youth living in or around Santa Fe, ages 15-20.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1ST, 2022
Internship Dates: June 2 – July 2, 2022
Festival Dates: June 17 – 26, 2022
Selected students will be notified by May 1, 2022.
( If you have interest in finding out about year-round opportunities in our gallery on Canyon Road, please contact Alison: email@example.com )
About our program:
What we offer:
- Technical knowledge and training while working alongside national and international new media artists, installers and our staff
- Experience engaging with the public as you act as a docent during the run of the exhibition, assisting attendees with interactive art pieces, explaining artist work, etc.
- Lunch every day of install and de-install (June 2 – 16, and June 28 – July 2)
- A wonderful community of artists, staff and interns from across the USA
- A pay of $13/hour for up to 150 hours over the course of the month
- A great experience to put on a resume or application for a university or a job
What we expect:
- Work up to a total of 150 hours over the course of the month. During the run of the festival (June 17 – 26), youth interns are expected to work 8 out of the 10 days we are open.
- Stay in Santa Fe from June 2 – July 2. Any proposed exceptions to this must be discussed beforehand.
- An interest in the arts and curiosity about new media arts. In the past our interns have come from a variety of disciplines– we’ve had musicians, actors, tech-heads, performance artists, visual artists, folks interested in event coordination, festivals, construction and set design, lighting design and more.
- A strong interest in some or all of the following: media art, A/V tech, programming, working with your hands, an artistic future, social media, working with people.
- Hard work – interns will be performing all types of work including: painting, construction, cable management and A/V work during installation; audience engagement while acting as a docent during the run of the show; and de-installation of the exhibition including organizing equipment and patching walls, etc.
To apply please fill out the form below!
If you come across any issues, or have any questions please email Alison Nitkiewicz – firstname.lastname@example.org