YOUTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
This internship is intended for youth who live in or around Santa Fe ages 15-20. We couldn’t make the festival happen without the help of our fantastic youth interns!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1ST, 2022
( If you have interest in finding out about year-round opportunities in our gallery on Canyon Road, please contact Alison: email@example.com )
About our program:
What we offer:
- Experience and technical knowledge/training. (working alongside national and international new media artists, installers and our staff)
- Learn about engaging with the public as you act as a docent during the run of the exhibition.
- Lunch every day of install and de-install of the festival.
- A wonderful community of artists staff and interns from across the USA
- Pay of $12.25 per hour (max 160 hours)
- This is a wonderful thing to put on an application for a university, or a job.
What we expect from our interns:
- Interns are expected to be in Santa Fe for the course of the internship.
- An interest in the arts and curiosity about new media arts. In the past our interns have come from a variety of disciplines, we’ve had musicians, actors, tech-heads, performance artists, visual artists, and folks interested in event coordination, festivals, construction and set design, lighting design and more.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in some or all of the following: media art, a/v tech, programming, working with your hands, an artistic future, social media, working with people.
- Hard work – interns will be performing all types of work from painting, construction, cable management, and A/V installation during installation/deinstallation to audience engagement while acting as a docent during the run of the show
To apply please fill out the form below!
If you come across any issues, or have any questions please email Alison Nitkiewicz – firstname.lastname@example.org