It takes a village…
Volunteering for the CURRENTS New Media festival is a great way to introduce yourself to a global community of artists and innovators. Every year, an extended family of supporters provides the finishing touch on creating a world-class festival. Whether you live in New Mexico or travel here each year to enjoy Santa Fe and volunteer with the festival, we appreciate your efforts, expertise and dedication. If you’re interested in volunteering for Currents, please let us know using the form below.
CURRENTS Festival Dates: June 16-25, 2023
Here is a list of the help we need for the 2023 CURRENTS Festival and 826 Gallery Space:
- Festival Install (June 6-June 15): construction, building walls, painting, unpacking and installing artist work, cleaning and prepping for the opening / 10am-6pm every day
- Festival Run of Show June 16-25 – Doors: selling and scanning tickets at the door using our ticketing platform, interfacing with the public about the festival / Friday and Saturday – 12pm-11pm / Sunday through Thursday – 12pm-7pm
- Festival Run of Show June 16-25 – Docents: guiding festival-goers through the exhibitions, helping guests with interactive pieces, talking about art, helping with youth tours from various local summer camps – / Friday and Saturday – 12pm-11pm / Sunday through Thursday – 12pm-7pm
- Festival Run of Show June 16-25 – Gift Shop: running our in-festival gift shop, Objects of Fascination, handling money and sales – / Friday and Saturday – 12pm-11pm / Sunday through Thursday – 12pm-7pm
- Festival De-install (June 27 – July 1): taking down and packing artist work, sorting and organizing, tearing down walls, clean up / 10am-6pm every day
- 826 Gallery: being an attendant our year-round exhibition space at 826 Canyon Road during the festival
Year-round help needed: IT and data entry, ad sales to businesses, volunteer recruiting, gallery-sitting at CURRENTS 826
Can’t volunteer? Donate!
If you’d love to volunteer but don’t have the time, you can still be a part of making CURRENTS an extraordinary event! Donate by adopting an artist!