It takes a village…
Volunteering for the CURRENTS NEW MEDIA festival is a great way to introduce yourself to a global community of artists and innovators. Every year, an extended family of supporters provides the finishing touch on creating a world-class festival. Whether you live in New Mexico or travel here each year to enjoy Santa Fe and volunteer with the festival, we appreciate your efforts, expertise and dedication. If you’re interested in volunteering for Currents, please let us know using the form below. Here is a list of the help we need and when we need it for CURRENTS NEW MEDIA 2018 at El Museo Cultural:
- Place Posters at Local Businesses – May 20 – June 23
- Install – Light construction, AV assistance, painting, physical labor, driving, moving equipment – June 1 – 8
- Artist Liaison’s Assistant – Support artists by helping them travel around Santa Fe looking for props and essentials for their install June 4-7 (no regular hours, just when needed)
- Objects of Fascination – Help sell artist made objects at our, new, small retail space at CURRENTS.
- Opening Night – catering and refreshment help, docents and general roamers to keep an eye on things in El Museo and the Railyard – June 8, 6pm – Midnight
- Exhibition Duties – Front desk greeting, docents, counting visitors, collecting donations, assisting at performances and signing-up volunteers for the run of the festival – June 9 – 24
- De-install – same as Install in reverse- June 25 – 29
Year round help needed: IT and data entry, Ad sales to businesses, volunteer recruiting
If you’d love to volunteer but don’t have the time, you can still be a part of making Currents an extraordinary event! Donate by adopting an artist!