It takes a village…
Volunteering for the CURRENTS New Media festival is a great way to introduce yourself to a global community of artists and innovators. Every year, an extended family of supporters provides the finishing touch on creating a world-class festival. Whether you live in New Mexico or travel here each year to enjoy Santa Fe and volunteer with the festival, we appreciate your efforts, expertise and dedication. If you’re interested in volunteering for Currents, please let us know using the form below.
Here is a list of the help we need and when we need it for CURRENTS NEW MEDIA 2020:
- Install: August 10-20. construction, building walls, painting, unpacking and installing artist work, cleaning and prepping for the opening
- Doors: August 21-30. selling and scanning tickets at the door using our ticketing platform, interfacing with the public about the festival
- Docents: August 21-30. guiding festival-goers through the exhibitions, helping guests with VR and AR pieces, talking about art, helping with youth tours from various local summer camps
- 826 Gallery: August 21-30. being an attendant our year-round exhibition space at 826 Canyon Road during the festival
- Conference: August 23-25. helping run our first CURRENTS conference, ushering, helping set up break out rooms
- Gift Shop: August 21-30. running our in-festival gift shop, Objects of Fascination, handling money and sales
- Deinstall: August 31-September 4. taking down and packing artist work, sorting and organizing, tearing down walls, clean up
Year-round help needed: IT and data entry, ad sales to businesses, volunteer recruiting, gallery-sitting at CURRENTS 826
If you’d love to volunteer but don’t have the time, you can still be a part of making CURRENTS an extraordinary event! Donate by adopting an artist!